Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Moving a Windows 2003 Cluster to a New Forest

I am looking to decomission an old AD forest and move all it's resources to a
new AD forest. Both forests exist today. I have a 2 node Windows 2003
cluster with 3 resource groups -- the cluster resource group and two (2) SQL
2000 server resource groups.
My questions are...
1) Is this sort of migration possible/support?
2) If so, how do I go about doing it (or finding out how to do it).
Thanks.
Bill
How to change domains for a SQL Server 2000 or SQL Server 2005 failover
cluster
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/319016/en-us
Geoff N. Hiten
Senior Database Administrator
Microsoft SQL Server MVP
"Bill J." <Bill J.@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:77BA4242-BDBB-4A83-9A46-52F57A055F2F@.microsoft.com...
>I am looking to decomission an old AD forest and move all it's resources to
>a
> new AD forest. Both forests exist today. I have a 2 node Windows 2003
> cluster with 3 resource groups -- the cluster resource group and two (2)
> SQL
> 2000 server resource groups.
> My questions are...
> 1) Is this sort of migration possible/support?
> 2) If so, how do I go about doing it (or finding out how to do it).
> Thanks.
> Bill
sql

No comments:

Post a Comment