Friday, March 30, 2012

Moving catalog from one drive to another

I have asked (and had a reply - thanks!) this question before, but i'm in a
hurry and cant seem to find the solution even by googling myself.
I have a database which had a FT catalog on E: on one machine and i've moved
the database to a machine with only a C:
I remember the solution has something to do with accessing a system table
and changing the file path from E: to C: but I cant remember which one. I
cant just delete the catalog because it tells me to repopulate it which I
cant do because it doesnt exist.
Can someone point me in the right direction away from this chicken and egg
scenario
Many thanks,
Simon DBA Andy (because it is alphabetically superior, yet Aaaandy would be
pushing it I feel)
have a look at this kbarticle
http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;240867
The update you are looking for it towards the end of the article.
Hilary Cotter
Looking for a book on SQL Server replication?
http://www.nwsu.com/0974973602.html
"Andy Gilman" <andygilman2@.hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:OTmDI4faEHA.3352@.TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...

> I have asked (and had a reply - thanks!) this question before, but i'm in
a
> hurry and cant seem to find the solution even by googling myself.
> I have a database which had a FT catalog on E: on one machine and i've
moved
> the database to a machine with only a C:
> I remember the solution has something to do with accessing a system table
> and changing the file path from E: to C: but I cant remember which one. I
> cant just delete the catalog because it tells me to repopulate it which I
> cant do because it doesnt exist.
> Can someone point me in the right direction away from this chicken and egg
> scenario
> Many thanks,
> Simon DBA Andy (because it is alphabetically superior, yet Aaaandy would
be
> pushing it I feel)
>

No comments:

Post a Comment