Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Moving a SQL7 DB to SQL2000

I have a backup of a SQL7 DB that i need to restore into SQL 2000. I only have the backup of the DB , i don't have access to the SQL7 server. When ever I try to restore the DB into SQL2000 nothing works, the tables and properties all restore properly and the data is there but i can't retrieve info from it. I'm trying to move a website DB from SQL7 to SQL 2000 for use with Cold Fusion. I know they're is issues with going from 7 to 2000 but i don't know what they are. If anyone could help me with this i would greatly appreciate it. I know I need to do some special steps or changes before it will work in 2000, does anyone know what these are?

Thanks in advance,
B"...I can't retrieve info from it..."

can you provide a few more details? What are you using to retrieve info (QA, development IDE, EM)? What error messages are you getting?

Recall that if you restore a database onto a new server, the logins and permissions don't convey (kind of like the furniture in my house when I go to sell it).

Permissions may be a part of your issue.

Regards,

hmscott|||I've got it working, I had to do a DTS Import and I checked Use Collation. This seemed to fix the problem, thanks to those who helped!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment