Wednesday, March 28, 2012

moving a project to another machine

Hey,
I have copied a C# express edition project from another machine and have opened the project up and changed the connection string but the project is not updating the database when I try to insert values from textboxes in forms. They seem do be getting into the dataset but not the sql datatabase.
I am getting alot of messages saying that it could not find the schema information for the dataset. Could these errors have anything to do with the project?
What else do I have to change in the project?

Thanks in advance.

Hi, Yorick85

What kind of database were you using?

In general, please check the database permission to your local machine. And make sure that connection has been correct.

Thanks

|||Hi,

I am using SQL server 2005 on both machines. How do I check the database permission on my local machine?
Thanks
|||

It depends on what is your connection string security mode, windows Authentication or sql server Authentication?

If it need user name or password in the Authentication, you should check the user and role in Sql Server Management Studio for particular database.

Thanks

sql

No comments:

Post a Comment