Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Moving a merge-replicated database for SQL CE

Is there a way to move a SQL replicated database from one server to another without dropping the publication?
I have SQLCE setup with SQL server 2000; I want to redo the server but needs to move my replication to a temp server and then back.
The problem is that I do not want to drop my subscription and recreate itit needs to stay the same.In general if a database involved in replication that has to be moved, then you must drop the replication before moving.|||Hi there,

I am aware but my question is based on the following:

I have 42 PDA users running SQL CE and merge replication. I need to know if it is possible to move the database I am replicating from one SQL server machine to another without interruting the replication process for the PDA users.

I.e. if I remove the replication, backup & restore the databse onto the new server, then re-add the replication on the new server, is it possible for the PDA users to replicate to the new server without having to delete the SQL CE database on the PDA.

No comments:

Post a Comment