Friday, March 30, 2012

Moving Access Database To Sql Server

Hi folks

I want to move Access database to Sql server but I don't want to use Import/Export Wizard. I want to use DTC Designer.

When I tried to do it I can move only one table between Access and Sql db for every connection.

So, what should I do?

I want to move some tables e.g. ten tables to temp db and then I want to put P.K and Uni. constraints on the main tables then move them and the rest of the tables to the currect destination database.

Did DTC Designer help me on this or should I use Import/Export Wizard.

Thanks guysI would use the Import Wizard or the appropiate Upsizing wizard in Access if applicable for your version of Access.

HTH, Jens Suessmeyer.

http://www.sqlserver2005.de|||

Thanks for reply

The issue here that Access database contain data not correct. Due to

wrong data, I have to repair them before moving

it. Therefore, I have to design a temporary database and then set the conditions

on the database. The issue here I want to build DTS that move strong entity and

check the data and the conditions. When an error occurs, I want DTS to primate a

message to correct the data manually.

Can you give me any suggestion?

Thank you

|||Thank all for answring

I Moved data by using standard SQL statment

Select , Insert .....

Thnaks

Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment