Friday, March 30, 2012

Moving an SBS SharePoint Database

I wanted to setup SharePoint services but there are a couple issues
that I need some help with. I need to have the full-text search turned
on and I also have a space issue on the DC.
So, for the full-text search I need to upgrade the WMSDE to SQL Server.
But because I don't have the space on my DC I need to move the
database to another server. Fortunatly the other server already has
SQL 2000 installed on it.
My questions are then, can I infact move the databse to the second
server and if I can do I need to upgrade the DC to SQL 2000 before I
move the database so the full-text feature is supported?
EvanNot using the SBS SQL license - they have to be on the same machine..
FWIW - there are much better search engines then the full text search.
There are a lot of performance trade-offs for having the FTS engine
enabled on a database (or WSS site) of any size. Watch the CPU usage
when the MS Search Service starts up and you'll see what I mean.|||Thanks you for responding, sorry, I've been away for a little while.
We have SQL 2000 installed on the other server to run some accounting
software. Could we not use an instance of that for SharePoint, and
have SharePoint point to the other server?
Evan

No comments:

Post a Comment